Saskatchewan Experience Category
About the ProgramAny person who is a potential immigrant, and presently living as well as working in the province, while has the intention of becoming a permanent resident there, can opt for this category.
  • • Existing Work Permit Sub-Category
  • • Health Profession Sub-Category
  • • Hospitality Sector Sub-Category
  • • Long Haul Truck Driver Sub-Category
  • • Student Sub-Category
Existing Work Permit Sub-CategoryThe Existing Work Permit Stream is ideal for those skilled workers, who hold a work permit, and who have worked in the province for at least six months.

Here are the requirements for the applicants to fulfill, if they decide to migrate through this sub-category:

  • • The applicant must hold a Job Approval Letter, which should be valid under the SPNP.
  • • The job offered, must be from an employer based in Saskatchewan, and designated as either an NOC level A B, or 0 employment, or a professional trade.
  • • This job should be full-time and a permanent one.
  • • The applicant must have worked at least 6 months for this same employer, under a work permit that holds valid as per Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Health Profession Sub-Category An applicant, if they’re also a health professional who’s been internationally trained, while being employed for 6 or more months under a temporary work permit in Saskatchewan, might become eligible to get PR under this sub-category.

There are three streams, under one of which a candidate might categorize themselves:

  • • Physicians
  • • Nurses
  • • Other Health Professionals
Physicians StreamA doctor or a surgeon, who’s been trained in a foreign country, and who is interested in migrating to Saskatchewan, will find this stream of the sub-category, helpful.


  • • The applicant must have already spent at least 6 months working as a doctor in the province.
  • • They must hold a work permit, that’s been issued by the CIC, and is therefore deemed valid.
  • • There must be a health authority, or a health education institute in the province, where the applicant would have been previously employed, offer them a job. If not that, then the applicant could also have a business plan or some other valid document, offering details as to how they could practice medicine permanently in a Saskatchewan medical office.
  • • A letter from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan, will be required to indicate your proper medical licensing in the specialty you’ve chosen.
Nurses Stream

If the applicant is a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or a Psychiatric Nurse, they will have this particular stream of the sub-category to help them migrate to, and therefore live and work permanently in Saskatchewan.


  • • The applicant must have been working as nurse in the province, for 6 months or more.
  • • The work permit that the applicant holds, must have validity under the CIC.
  • • There must be a Regional Health Authority, or any health employer, including the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, which should have offered a permanent and full-time employment offer to the applicant.
  • • The Saskatchewan province will also require you to produce a letter of support, either from SALPN, or SRNA, or RPNAS, as well as your employer, that clearly indicates a license for you to work there.
Other Health Professionals

If an applicant works in the healthcare industry, other than doctors, surgeons, and nurses, they will have this stream of the Health Profession sub-category to help them achieve permanent residency in the province of Saskatchewan.


  • • The applicant must have a year or more of post-secondary education, or a training which is strictly job-specific.
  • • The job offered to the applicant should be oen that’s categorized NOC level A, B, or 0..
  • • The applicant must have been working for 6 or more months in the province, in a health occupation that qualifies them for this stream.
  • • They should have a work permit for holding an occupation in Saskatchewan, issued and therefore deemed valid, by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
  • • The applicant should have received a full time and a permanent employment offer from a health agency or authority, which is a properly accredited one.
  • • The employer should submit a letter of support, which gives a clear indication that the proposed job position is actually vacant at present, and the vacancy was posted according to all the collective bargaining agreements.
  • • The agency that the applicant received their license from, should be submitting a letter of support, indicating the same.
Hospitality Sector Project Sub-CategoryFor people who have been working in the hospitality sector of the province, can apply to migrate there through this sub-category, and under the Experience Category of SINP.


  • • The applicant must be a temporary foreign worker, employed in the province.
  • • They must have had an education upto Grade 12, or an equivalent education.
  • • They must have had the same employer, who’s been approved by the Saskatchewan PNP, for a time period of 6 or more months.
  • • The applicant must be working as a Housekeeping or Cleaning Staff, Food or Beverage Server, or a Food Counter Attendant or Kitchen Helper.
  • • The applicant’s work permit should be supported by a Service Canada LMIA.
  • • The applicant’s English proficiency should be good enough, with a test score of CLB 4 or more in each of the 4 categories.
  • • It should be noted, that any business in Saskatchewan who wants to access employees through this stream, should be registered with the SINP; only then, will the employer gain an approval.
Long Haul Truck Driver Project Sub-CategoryUnder this sub-category, a foreign worker who currently works as a truck driver in the province of Saskatchewan, can apply for a permanent residency. Such an application allows the trucking and logistics firms in the province, to take up workers, work temporarily with then at first, and then offer them a chance to get a PR under this stream.

eligibility criteria for the trucking companies:

  • • The trucking firm should have been operating since, at the least, 5 years.
  • • It should be involved in long-distance shipping, within the provinces or internationally - and that should be the firm’s primary operation.
  • • It should have absolutely no compliance issues under the NSC.
  • • The firm should possess a carrier profile, and it should have a minimum of satisfactory safety rating. The status of carrier profile, as well as that of safety, will be verified by the Highway Traffic Board.
  • • The company should be submitting a recruitment as well as a settlement plan for the long-haul trucking operation they have; such plan should detail the screening and recruiting process of the foreign applicants, their training and orientation, and finally the settlement plan for the applicant and their family, that they have been undertaking.
  • • The trucking company should be obtaining an LMIA, submit an HR plan for each foreign driver taken under this stream, outlining the efforts they’re taking into attracting as well as training the Canadian citizens and permanent residents, how hiring foreign workers could benefit the economy, the salary they give out, and finally the working conditions provided to these workers. • The company would be required to submit a copy of the contract signed by both employer and employee, in addition to the permanent employment offer which would come into effect after a year to both SINP as well as Service Canada.
Student Sub-CategoryIf the applicant is a foreign student who has just graduated from a post-secondary institution recognized in the province of Saskatchewan, this stream offers the perfect opportunity to them for immigration to the province.

Here are the eligibility criteria that such applicants would have to follow through, in order to get a PR through this sub-category:

  • • They must have a post-graduate work permit, issued to them by CIC.
  • • They should have worked for at least 6 months in the province, in jobs such as graduate fellowships, on-campus work, off-campus work, co-op work terms, and others, at a paid position which their work permit would allow to be verified.
  • • Their year long education in Saskatchewan should have earned them a diploma, certificate, or a degree from recognized institution in the province.
  • • They should be getting themselves a Job Approval Letter from the SINP.
  • This stream also allows foreign students, who have completed their post-secondary education, though outside of the province, but still somewhere in Canada.
Request Free Assessment